The modern world is suffering from an unmatched health crisis due to the Covid-19 pandemic, with almost 91 million coronavirus cases and 1.95 million deaths on January 11, 2021. The number of new cases and deaths in 24 hours is exploding in South Africa. Germany exceeds 40,000 deaths on January 10, 2021, and Angela Merkel announces that the country is preparing to enter "the hardest phase of the pandemic." Israel vaccines at all costs and wants to become "the first country to emerge from the crisis."
On January 11, the world saw the detection of 90,859,374 (650,628 today) coronavirus cases and a total of 1,953,778 (9,407 today) coronavirus deaths.
- Israel has been confined again since December 27, 2020, for at least two weeks following the appearance of 4 cases of the variant of the coronavirus and is launching its vaccination campaign. The country has recorded 491,319 cases in total since the start of the pandemic, including 5,885 in the last 24 hours and 3,671 deaths (+26). The country, which has already vaccinated nearly 2 million inhabitants, or 20% of the population, hopes to become "the first country to emerge from the crisis."
- Zimbabwe returned to confinement again for the next 30 days on January 3, 2021. The country recorded 21,477 cases (978 in the last 24 hours) and counted 507 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic, with 24 yesterday. Thousands of Zimbabweans are flocking to South Africa to flee the lockdown.
- In France, the health authorities' latest report concerning the COVID-19 pandemic reports at least 2,783,256 cases in total, including at least 15,944 in the last 24 hours. On January 10, 2021, 151 deaths in 24 hours or 67,750 in total. The number of deaths in EHPAD and EMS shows a total of 20,616 deaths. The total number of deaths in hospitals is 47,134 (+151 in 24 hours).
- In the United Kingdom, there are 54,940 new cases in 24 hours, a new record since the start of the pandemic, with 3,072,349 cases in total since the start of the epidemic. The country counts January 10, 2021, 563 deaths in 24 hours or 81,431 deaths in total. A mutation of the virus in the south of England worries the British authorities. The UK starts injecting AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine. After Scotland, England is completely reconfigured and closes its schools until March announces Boris Johnson. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip have been vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- In Japan, the Covid cases continued to climb with 7,621 new infections in 24 hours, or the highest number of cases in 24 of the country since the beginning of the epidemic. There are 280,775 cases recorded in total and 3,996 (+64 in 24 hours) deaths this Saturday, January 9. Japan, which faces the third wave, closes its borders to non-resident foreigners from December 28 to late January 2021. The Japanese Prime Minister declares a state of emergency in Tokyo and its suburbs this Thursday, January 7, 2021.
- In the United States, the number of new cases every day is still skyrocketing. It now stands at 233,051 cases identified in the last 24 hours, a new record since the start of the pandemic. On January 11, 2021, the country has 22,917,282 cases. The number of deaths today is 2,090 deaths in 24 hours or 383,275 deaths in total. After the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine, Moderna's vaccine is also authorized in the United States.
- In Brazil, the number of new cases remains very high, 28,673 in 24 hours. The country recorded on January 11, 479 deaths in 24 hours and declared 8,108,753 cases in total and 203,224 deaths. The country passes the milestone of 8 million cases this Saturday, January 9, 2021. "Brazil is bankrupt, I can not do anything," announces President Jair Bolsonaro. Brazil passes the milestone of 200,000 deaths since the start of the pandemic on January 8, 2021.
- In Canada, there are 7,817 new cases in 24 hours out of 660,276 in total, a new record since the start of the pandemic, and 16,950 deaths, including 113 since yesterday. Faced with an upsurge in cases, Quebec has decreed general confinement of 4 weeks with a curfew since January 9, 2021.
- The number of new cases is rising in China, which reports 63 new infections with Covid-19 in 24 hours. The country counted 87,536 in total, and 4,634 (+0) died on January 11, 2021. Beijing is reconfiguring ten sectors of the Shunyi district following the emergence of 27 new coronavirus cases. A first case of the coronavirus variant is detected in China. More than 11 million inhabitants were confined following the appearance of several covid cases.
- The epidemic is developing in Africa, and the number of new cases and deaths in 24 hours is exploding. In South Africa, there are 1,231,597 (+17,421 ) cases recorded on January 11, 2021 and 33,163 (+399) dead. In South Africa, a new variant of the virus that is more "worrying" and "transmissible" has been discovered. The country, which has recorded more than a million cases since the start of the pandemic, once again bans the sale of alcohol and makes the wearing of the mask compulsory for fear of being overwhelmed by the second wave. South Africa hopes for the first vaccines in February and wants to vaccinate 67% of its population in 2021.
- In Germany, the number of new cases is exploding (+14,297 in 24 hours). The country has on January 11, 1,932,947 cases identified for 41,514 deaths (+368). The closure of bars, restaurants, cultural and sporting leisure venues, i